We would have come across people who can win over anything. How many times have we talked about it? - “Man! this guy can speak!” That’s the answer most of us have when we meet such people. We often see such people in higher up in the order of business. We also say “ “That’s why he is up there!” But how many of us have actually explored the reasons why he is up there and you are on the other side down below? Here are some of the most basic tips for each of you to grow to greater heights.
- When we meet someone on the way and he shoots a question at you asking for recommendations or suggestions, would you always say “May be” “I don’t know” or “I guess” - This is the first step to failure.
- Step back and think why did he ask “you” when there are many around? Simple - He would have felt you might be the right person to give the answer. This is “Belief”
- What would you do when someone ask you a question and we go past the day? Do we follow up to find an answer and revert? or forget it and move ahead? most of us do! A few who succeed does it the other way!
- They explore, understand and share - with the below abilities:
- Ability to listen, comprehend, analyze, explore, self-learn and COMMUNICATE
- Once we close loop on this cycle, the listener not only smiles but also believes that his belief in you was right and is quite dependable… this is the first step to success - Earning the Trust
- Now - what made you speak and revert? that’s because you knew the answer. It is always the one who knows the answer who wins. Once you know the answer, confidence to speak comes by itself.
- You may also come across people who are amazing speakers and can outwit any one with their language but remember - it is knowledge that eventually wins.
- It is not about the Language but about Communication and Confidence that win over the world. And communication coms with “knowledge”
Now think about your situation in your office. Why do you keep silent at times when your peer or senior asks you to do something even though you are unsure if he is right? Its not because you are not confident but that you are not sure if you know the right solution. Instead - put it across and convince others immaterial to the designation, then people will remember you. The only thing you should remember is your pitch. Do not be aggressive and always remember your objective is to put your point across and not your aggression and arrogance. Success follows when modesty, confidence and knowledge blended with the right spirit is served together. People reach out to you because they believe in you. Revert with a disciplined approach and be grounded.
Remember : Every situation that comes in front of you makes you refer more,
- Every time you refer more - you analyze more
- Every time you analyze more - you learn more
- Every time you learn more - you know more
- Every time you know more - you solve more
- Every time you solve more you get more ...AND...
- Ever time you get more YOU GROW MORE!!!
Success is not where you reach but the experience you gather while you grew!